Monday, August 18, 2014

Recipe Test: Bacon Cinnamon Rolls

I made these!
Sometimes I get bored and poke around on Pinterest and stare at recipes that I will probably never make.  However, lately, I have been actually trying more and more of these recipes that I have found.  The other day I made Bacon Cinnamon Rolls.  Yup, you heard me correctly.  I mixed the eewy gooey-ness of delicious cinnamon rolls covered in delicious melty icing with the duct tape of food that is bacon.  We all know that bacon makes everything better, right?

So I bought the generic Kroger brand cinnamon rolls rather than the Pillsbury Grands! that the recipe calls for.  I lucked out because the reason it calls for Grands! is because many of the prepackaged cinnamon rolls no longer actually unroll, they're a lie, and instead are cinnamon biscuits that you cover in icing.  Luckily, the Kroger brand isn't a lie so I was actually able to unroll them and shove in the bacon.

I may have over done it a bit with the bacon.  I totally didn't follow the directions and cook it first before rolling one piece in each roll.  Rather than roll one piece of bacon in the center of each cinnamon roll I did two pieces that went from end to end.  The issue was that it meant the rolls didn't have dough to seal itself with on the outside and made them want to fall apart rather than stay tightly rolled.  Also, the bacon didn't get as cooked as I wanted.  These are things that happen when you don't follow the recipe!

The pictures to the right are the ones from the website.  The one above is what I made.  I used super thick and delicious Pine Street Market bacon and it may have just been too much for those little rolls!

So over all, yum and something I will probably try again, but next time I might follow the directions and if I feel the need to have the extra bacon I'll just crumble some on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment