Monday, January 6, 2014

30 Day Blogging Challenge - Day 5

Day 5 - Your Proudest Moment

My proudest moments usually actually aren't my moments.

As a teacher: seeing my students perform for the first time, seeing former students go out into the world as professionals and becoming headliners or title winners.

As a stage manager: seeing the show open and end with an audience that loves it.  Seeing how hard everyone works on their own and together to make a show happen, all the parts coming together to create this amazing organic thing that I got to help with.

As a lighting designer: helping put that extra layer on the performance to help portray the mood and feel that they wanted.  To add that extra piece to their vision and help make it be the beautiful moment that they always wanted it to be.

As a producer: knowing people come to the shows, have fun and getting to create something that has never been done before and will never be done again since so many of our shows are one off events.  It's a stolen moment in time that will never happen again and I got to bring all of the people together to create that moment.  I get to help performers have a place to present their art and then pay them for it so they can afford to keep doing their art.

So yeah, if my proudest moments work like they're supposed to, you'll never even know I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment