Wednesday, January 22, 2014

30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 20

Day 20: What makes you happy

Today, today made me happy.

I have been really sick for the past week.  Other than swinging by 7 Stages for about an hour on Friday and going to the grocery store that night I had not left the house since last Tuesday when I had a show.  (Would not have gone out if I wasn't the producer.)  I realize that sounds fairly extreme, but in an effort to rest up and actually let my body heal, I choose to take that route.  I don't have health insurance. (Yes I have filled out the info on HealthCare.gov 3 different times with no luck,  my state choose not to expand it's Medicare program so I probably can't get covered anyway)  My best option was to stay home and rest, A LOT!  Seriously, so much rest.  Thank goodness for the internet or I may have gone insane.

Today was the first day I actually kind of felt like a normal human being.  I was able to get a lot of Southern Fried Burlesque Fest work done for line-ups and such.  I was also able to follow up for some up coming classes and other gigs which is always nice.  (Even just to say, hey, I've been super sick, please forgive me)  I was invited to a friend's surprise b-day party which meant I LEFT THE HOUSE!  It was a late enough party that B was able to get home and take a nap so he could come with me, which is awesome!  The party was great and I got to see a lot of people who I haven't seen in a while.  B and I got to go in public like a normal couple which was also awesome as we rarely have our schedules match between various work things.  I came home to discover the interview/scholarship application I went to in Nov meant I was accepted so I can now have the decision about what I want/need to do rather than feel like it was decided for me.  To top it all off, I got the pics from my Cthulhuesque routine I did with Pin Up Girl Cosmetics back in the fall and they are awesome.  Today was awesome!

I know that this list doesn't sound very impressive, but it's the little things that make it worth while.  All of these little things add up to a well rounded happy existence rather than extreme up and downs, hovering around content is a good place to be.  All I ever wanted in life is to make a comfortable living doing something I love.  I don't need to be rich or famous, I just want to be able to do what I love with out fear that I will not have a roof over my head at the end of the day.  I think that's a reasonable and legitimate thing to desire.  This is what makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment