Saturday, January 4, 2014

30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 3

Day 3 - Your Favorite Quote

I used to always say "At night there is no sunny side of the street" which was something I came up with when I was all super goth and angsty around 13 years old.  Not really a very optimistic or positive outlook but very dark and gothy.

I used to use the phrase "I am a petite and delicate flower, DAMNIT!" all the time which made when I found the quote, "You may be a delicate flower but, hey, so is Belladonna and it can still kill people." from Heloisedevillfort on Tumblr that much better.  It's always a nice to be reminded that even the most beautiful things can still be deadly.

As far as traditional quotes, I do love, “You have witchcraft in your lips.” from William Shakespeare's Henry V.  It's just a beautiful quote that is beyond romance and passion.

I guess I don't really have a favorite quote. The closest to a favorite which I probably take to heart the most is, "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death." from Auntie Mame. There's just something so true about people that don't enjoy and embrace life. Of course there are always things one has to do, but what you do with the rest of your time is what makes your life yours. You can either make the most of what you got and experience life or you can have regrets of all the things you meant to do and never got around to.  So there ya go, some random quotes for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment