Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve, used to be when my grandparents allowed me to open one present before Santa came while I slept.  Those days are long gone but I am sitting in the house where it used to happen. Since B and I started dating almost 10 years ago Christmas Eve has become the day we travel to Knoxville when I usually wrap the last minute gifts he bought for his family. We actually bought gifts yesterday instead of today so that's practically like we planned ahead.  It's a weird seemingly slacker tradition, but it's ours and works for us. With his family being in Knoxville and until 3 years ago I would come visit my grandfather as well, we've just stuck to the schedule. Come see his family, get cookies, go see my dad on the way back to Atlanta to do the holiday and give him the cookies B's mom made for him as well.  Tomorrow is my favorite though. B and I will come back to my grandparents house with a ton of cookies and we'll curl up on the couch with them and watch horror movies. That's our private holiday!

Tonight I ran out of wrapping paper. Hopefully tomorrow there will be a convince store open so I can pick up some gift bags for B's mom and sister-in-law's present.  Luckily I was able to get his dad, brother and two nephew's presents wrapped so it's at least mostly done.  I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Eve and a Merry Christmas tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment