Tuesday, May 1, 2012

2012-04-28 Salome Cabaret Burlesque Revue

For those of you that don't know, my grandfather passed away back in September.  Since then I have to go to Oak Ridge, TN (right outside Knoxville) approximately once per month to work on the house and try to clear everything out.  One such weekend happen to fall at the same time that Salome Cabaret was having a show so they asked me to come play and I gladly accepted!

The Prince Deli is a tiny Spots Bar type place on the outskirts of West Knoxville.  They have pool tables, amazing food, and a stage that's just right for burlesque.  Beelzabetty spent a great part of the evening dressed as an ancient Golden Girl type character, wandering around the crowd drunk and never breaking character.  When she got on stage with her walker it was everything you could hope for!  Delinda d'Rabbit had an amazing bathtub routine with balloons as bubbles all over her and her bathtub of glittery awesomeness!  There were also some newer performers who rocked it as well as my butt twin, Siren Santina who rocked Baby Got Back and her vocal rendition of Ice Ice Baby will bring a tear to your eye from awe and laughter!  Per their request I did my God Saves routine, frankly with some revamping and pep talks from the ladies I honestly fee that it was the best I had ever performed it.  Thank you to Kisa von Teasa, who did not perform that night, but as the Adminatratrix of Salome Cabaret, she knows how to encourage your ass to do your best because she knows you have it in you!

Over all it was an amazing experience as is every time working with Salome.   They are all so amazingly talented and wonderful people.  Super special shout out to Dustin and John, the most organized and awesome managers ever, I wish I had a pair of them for Syrens!

No comments:

Post a Comment